Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas = cookies.

One of my favorite things to do is bake. Christmas time rolls around and I find myself stocking up on baking supplies and digging through my recipes. I love making all sorts of yummy treats and sending/giving them to my favorites. :) Alfonso always got excited when I sent him a box of cookies and would hide them in his room. LOL!! 


Anyways, Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without some amazing, beautiful, delicious soft sugar cookies. I love the lofthouse cookies that are just soooooo soft & simply a little piece of Heaven on earth. Ok, ok, ok. Maybe just a bit of exaggeration there. :D I really wanted to find a recipe that would turn out like the Lofthouse cookies and this is the closest I have found. Everytime I make these cookies, I always have people ask me for the recipe.






Hope you all enjoy it!! If you have any suggestions/changes/comments, please feel free to share!! 


Sugar Cookie Recipe


Ingredients:


1 c. butter
1 c. white sugar
3 beaten eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground nutmeg (I always leave this out for some reason)


Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 425*F. 


2. Mix 1 c. butter and 1 c. sugar. Once that is mixed well, add your 3 eggs and 1 tsp. of vanilla. 


3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine all your dry ingredients. (3 c. flour, 2 tsp. cream of tartar, 1 tsp. baking soda and 1 tsp. ground nutmeg).


4. Once all of your dry ingredients are mixed well, you will slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, stirring as you go. 


5. Once you have your dough, you can roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and use your favorite cookie cutters. This dough is really soft and you can roll this out about 1/2" thick if desired. Try to not add too much flour to keep your dough soft. 


6. Bake for 10 minutes or till slightly golden. 


I love these cookies, they've always turned out soft for me! Once cooled, top with your favorite icing and decorate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment