To make these days a little easier, I found some yummy cool treats and thought I would share!
First up, Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream Cake
1/2 c. hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
1 (8 oz) tub cool whip, thawed and divided
1 box (4 serving size) chocolate flavor pudding and pie filling
8 Oreo sandwich cookies, chopped
12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches, unwrapped :)
1. Pour the fudge topping into a medium bowl. Add 1 cup of the whipped topping and stir with a wire whisk until well blended. Add dry pudding mix; stir until well blended. Gently stir in chopped cookies; set aside.
2. Arrange 4 of the ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on a 24 inch long piece of foil. Top with half of the whipped topping mix. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining 4 ice cream sandwiches. Frost top and sides with the remaining whipped topping. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and sides to loosely cover and seal the packet.
3. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
Easy AND delicious! I'm thinking maybe you could add some sort of strawberry filling for a different twist on this recipe!
Rocky Road Freeze
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
1 c. cold milk
1 (3.9 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping, thawed and divided
3/4 c. mini marshmallows
1/3 c. chopped peanuts
1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
25 Nilla Wafers, coarsely chopped
1. Line a 9-in. round pan with plastic wrap; set aside. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; beat until blended.
2. Stir in 2 c. whipped topping and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the Nilla Wafers.
3. Spoon into pan. Top with wafers; press lightly into cream cheese mixture.
4. Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Remove the dessert from the freezer and let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Un-mold onto a serving plate. Serve with whipped topping, if desired!
ENJOY! Hopefully you all find something to help beat the heat and stay cool!